(Photo credit: The Guardian)
In its first ruling since formation, the International Criminal Court (ICC) has sought a thirty-year sentence for former Congolese warlord Thomas Lubanga. Last March, Lubanga was found guiltyof recruiting child soldiers between 2002-2003. His war crimes have now been brought to light, and the standard for global activism is being set, making this a significant step toward international justice. Read the comprehensible BBC article below.
Click here to read the article on our blog.
tagged as: World News. Invisible Children. BBC News. icc. sentenced. Thomas Lubanga.
- kony2012memes reblogged this from theforgottenchildren
- musicloveart-junky reblogged this from invisible
- hellogreenapple likes this
- beatofcadence likes this
- realannawebb reblogged this from invisible
- floweroddity likes this
- totallyrandomm reblogged this from invisible
- totallyrandomm likes this
- kelsieinwonderland likes this
- theforgottenchildren reblogged this from invisible
- invisible posted this